If you’re anything like me, you loved The Social Network for tight direction (Fincher), haunting soundtrack (Reznor), and riveting story (Mezrich — and Sorkin)…but there was another draw. All the hot geeks. The coding, the quick wits, the vocabulary — gah… It’s any thinking woman’s wet dream. Match.com read our minds and put their Excel spreadsheets together to form a list of the Top 10 Cities to Find Nerdy Singles. Play your cards right, and a pre-fame Mark Zuckerberg type could be all yours. Here’s the list:
1. Sunnyvale, CA — Silicon Valley! Find Palm and Yahoo here, along with aerospace and defense companies.
2. Cambridge, MA — Harvard U. is in Cambridge (former Zuckerberg HQ!), as is MIT. See if you can score a dude with a Ph.D.’s brain and Ben Affleck’s hot Boston looks (and accent).
3. Somerville, MA — Hometown of Isaac Asimov and Hal Clement. Mmmmm…science.
4. Berkeley, CA — The U.S. Department of Energy relies on research from the Lawrence Berkeley National Labratory to keep the country’s lights on.
5. Santa Clara, CA — Intel, Applied Materials, Sun Microsystems, NVIDIA, and Agilent Technologies, just to name a few, call SC home.
6. Ann Arbor, MI — Pfizer is here, as is Google’s AdWords program. If all all else fails when you’re electronically seducing a Google staffer, make a crack about the ads that show up alongside your e-mail chain.
7. Boulder, CO – IBM. Enough said.
8. Columbia, MD — Have a thing for secretive types? Hang out around the offices of the National Security Agency.
9. Fairfax, VA — Economics know-how is sexy in these uncertain times. George Mason University is known for its accelerated economics and computer science programs.
10. Rockville, MD – Chase a future medical hero at the corporate base of Human Genome Sciences.
Good luck, ladies! Oh, and Jesse Eisenberg? Call me.
Follow Sexcerpts on Twitter!: @Sexcerpts_SK