Flying solo this season? You’re not alone. The folks at Match.com have compiled some holiday stats on single daters that reveal singles are optimistic about the prospect of love, even if they don’t have a main squeeze right now.
- Blue Christmas?: 76% of singles have broken up with someone over the holidays.
- Unflattering Families: 30% of singles have broken up with someone because they were turned off by their family during the holidays.
- New Year, New Love: 64% of singles say their new year’s resolution will be related to finding love.
- Best Gift from Santa: Ambition—Both men and women want career-oriented significant others from Santa this year over a hipster, foodie or party person.
- Love Actually: 82% of singles say the holidays make them feel more romantic than other times of the year.
Here’s to ringing in 2013 with a decidedly pro-relationship agenda.
Follow Sexcerpts on Twitter!: @Sexcerpts_SK